Thursday 21 July 2011

Lepigrom

made-up name; avoiding the letter ‘u’

The second son asked his father for his share of the inheritance.

He took the money and spent it all in wild and reckless living in a foreign land. Famine arrived with speed and violence against all, and the boy takes a job feeding pigs. He longed to fill his stomach with the pig-pods.

He came to his senses and said to himself ‘I shall arise and go to my father. I’m no longer worthy to be called his son, so I’ll ask him to let me be a hired servant.’ So he began to walk home.

However, while he was still a long way off, his father saw him, ran to him and embraced him. He kissed him, gave him a ring and a coat and lovely, brown shoes with laces and long-lasting tread on the soles and killed the fatted calf so that they might celebrate.

‘This my son was lost, now he’s discovered; he was dead and now he is alive !’


No comments:

Post a Comment