Tuesday 8 February 2011

Rap

Listen up in da house, gotta message for you
And a radical way of expressin’ my view
Jesus told this parable to help us to see
That da Father’s love is vast and eternal and free.
Your boy took the cash from the farmer’s hand
And went right away to a far-off land.
This father’s boy was a Prodigal child;
That means he wasted the money with living that was wild.

His friends all left; he was alone and felt gauche; a
Few days later, got a job that wasn’t kosher —
Looking after pigs, jealous of their pods,
He had a revelation that was one of God’s.
‘I shall go back home and serve my dad;
I have to admit that I’ve been really bad.’
On his way home he knew he’d been a mug;
But his Pa rushed out and gave him a hug

And a ring and a coat and some lovely shoes,
And he also killed the animal that moos!
‘I thought he was dead, and I was mourning him
But it turns out he’s alive and now I’ve no need to feel grim!
You know, repenting is good and a recommended move
By a loving God. At this party you’ll groove.’
That’s the end of my story so now I’m gone;
Respect to the Father of that Prodigal Son.

No comments:

Post a Comment