Friday 25 February 2011

So glad to see him again!

father
 
My younger boy came to me and asked for his share of the inheritance. I didn’t want him to go, but I gave him his share. Off he went anyway. Every day I went to the roof whenever I could to see if he was returning.
 
Then we heard that famine was spreading, especially in the places where we feared he had gone. I still went to the roof each day, but I must admit I had convinced that he was dead; either killed for the money he was carrying in a famine-struck land, or starved.

I still went to the roof, and one day saw him on the road. My son! I ran to him and showered him with acceptance. He was trying to say something about ‘not worthy’ or something, but this was my son, whom I had almost given up for dead. I cannot imagine what could have inspired him to return; but I was deeply glad he had decided upon that course. 

I called the servants to bring a coat, shoes and a ring to signify that he was part of the family once again. I ordered that we should have a big slap-up feed, and so it was hot roast beef all round, with yorkshire puddings and flagons of wine.  

The noise from the party was colossal!

No comments:

Post a Comment