Friday 13 May 2011

Mega-Authorised

1   Thusly spake rude a son unto his father: O, enrich thou now me, I entreat thee, with many coins that belong rightly unto the next generation.
2   And lo, his father gave he him an generous inheritance, and straightway he went to an distant country, embracing with abandon divers customs of the heathen which are an abomination. There he sojourned many days and nights, wherein he gambled and caroused, yea, and great was his debauchery.
3   And it came to pass that many wicked harlots did encompass him round about and he was given unto those who cast lots, took wine (which sparkled in the cup and upon the lip) and indulged in transgression and wickedness.
4   He showered his friends with his father’s riches, and right soon – O woe – all the wealth his father had given unto him was gone, yea verily.
5   Then lean kine rose up in that land, and he did beat thrice on his breast, and envied the unclean swine and their swill. He saith aloud All is vapour.
6   Later visited by wise inspiration from the Lord, he came to his senses and said Now lack my father’s hired men no good thing, yet here thirst I and hunger greatly, yea, with much travail and turmoil of spirit. I shall arise and go to my father and speak again unto him, meekly kneeling upon my knees
7   Verily, Verily, I say unto thee, Father, I fear I am worthy no longer to be called thy son. Restore thou me unto thy busom, yet as but an hireling.
8   So straightway arose the boy. While he was still yet an long way off, his father ran with lips of greeting upon his ruddy complexion.
9   And embraceth he him, bestowing upon him a ring, an coat, shoes for his feet and lo, killeth the fatted calf. He inviteth villagers to celebrate.
10   And the father quoth: This my son was lost but hath been found ; he was dead; now liveth he! O sing ye for joy! Praise be to the Lord of hosts!
11   And in that place there was much rejoicing and making merry throughout the day and even unto the night, whence cometh deep darkness.

No comments:

Post a Comment