Thursday 29 December 2011

21-syllable sentences


Young son asked for his inheritance immediately so his dad gave him the cash.

He quickly set off for Dissipation City, where he began to waste the money. Wild living: girls, drinking, swanky restaurants, gambling and extravagances galore.

Soon the lad had an empty purse: famine struck the land, so he took a job tending pigs. He watched them with envy as they ate their moulding pods; just then he came to his senses.

‘My father’s hired men eat well; I shall arise and return home to ask to work for him. I realize I’ve been a fool, and I am no longer worthy to be called a son.’

He was still a long way off when his watchful father saw him and ran to greet his son.

‘Servants! Fetch a coat for him, and shoes for his feet; lad, receive this gold ring as a sign. Kill the fatted calf; celebrate, for my son was dead, he lives; was lost but is now found!’


No comments:

Post a Comment