Thursday 14 July 2011

Sans the 25

the top 25 most-commonly used words in written English [1] are: the, of, to, and, a, in, is, it, you, that, he, was, for, on, are, with, as, I, his, they, be, at, one, have, this

Second-born son addressed his father thus: ‘Please give me my share.’

Father agreed, so his son left, setting off towards Dissipation City, where his cash becomes quickly squandered through wild living. Famine struck. So this wayward son took employment tending pigs, watching them enviously. 

Suddenly, son had remarkable revelations, saying inwardly ‘My father’s hired hands usually eat well, yet here’s your truly, starving! Must go home, making requests favouring becoming servant-like.’ Son returned.

While son was still greatly distant, his father saw him. No speeches were permitted.

Father gave son clothes, shoes, jewellery, kisses; additionally, happy father ordered roast beef, throwing an all-night party.

‘My son was dead; now my boy lives! Hallelujah!’

[1] source: http://www.world-english.org/english500.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment