Tuesday 6 September 2011

Official letter

 Sue, Sue, Grabbit & Runn
Commissioners for Oaths
Lincoln’s Inn Chambers

Wednesday, 10th Elul, Tiberius 15
Dear Sir,
Further to my correspondence of the 14th ultimo I respectfully hereby present you with you the facts of the matter for your immediate attention.

1    My client requested his inheritance share on the 
twenty-third day of Ethanim in the twelfth year of 
Tiberius. My client’s father granted this request 
within a short timeframe. My client left Farmer 
Smallholdings (Inc) – hereinafter referred to as FSI – 
and went to a foreign land.
2    My client spent all monies hereunto forthcoming 
and registered himself bankrupt within a few months 
of (1). National famine began soon after (by no fault 
of my client).
3    My client became a full-time employee of Rasher 
Flasher Ltd (Dan Ishbacon, proprietor) for a short 
spell. He was observed briefly longing for diseased
vegetable items not fit for human consumption.
4    My client fully admits that he left the employ of
Rasher Flasher Ltd somewhat precipitously. He 
further admits liability for breaking his contract of 
employment and failing to give sufficient notice to 
quit and asks for this offence to be taken into 
account. He commented at the time that he had ‘come 
to his senses’ and wished to return to FSI in a servant 
capacity.
5    As my client approached the premises of FSI, his 
father greeted him without the threshold. My client 
received the following items as payment in kind 
(these are not disputed):
· ring – gold small family member for the use of
·  coat - warm waterproof
· shoes – 2 (two) in number
· celebratory gathering including village-dwelling guests and consumption of roasted beef
6    My client’s contractual offer to become a servant 
was verbally rejected by the father with the phrase 
‘My son was dead but now he is alive!’

We hereby claim that his sonship is thus re-established and dispute your contention that he can expect no additional payment in respect to inheritance upon the subsequent death of his father. Furthermore we claim that his restoration is complete and it would appear that my client’s father has cancelled any indebtedness on my client’s part and re-established him.

We fully expect to be in communication with my client’s father to invite him to renew his will and make freshly explicit within said document that this is indeed his intention so that upon the event of his decease there will be no disputing in this matter. We look forward to your reply at your earliest convenience (by return preferred).

Meanwhile I remain sir your obedient servant,
 Solly Citor
Barrister at Law - Lincoln’s Inn                  /ends


No comments:

Post a Comment