Friday 26 August 2011

Acrostic (reverse diagonal)

each of the 24 lines has 24 characters. 24th letter of 1st line, 23rd letter of 2nd line etc. spells key words

REPENTANCE AND RESTORATION
24  Son’s greed demands of fatheR
23  ‘Give me my share of your monEy’ -
22 gets a third of the princiPal.
21 He enthusiastically spEnds
20 on wanton women and driNking –
19  wastes all being a parTygoer.
18  He’s financially cleAned out!
17 No cash, no friends aNd no hope.
16 Famine causes all Concern. No
15 Income: he shall gEt a farm job.
14  Hungry, sad boy wAnts pigfeed:
13  decides filliNg his stomach
12  With those poDs not good idea
11  Could be a seRvant now at home…
10  Having comE now to his senses
9  ‘I will ariSe, leave and go back;
8  say to faTher: I am confessing
7  my sin tO you. I’m not any longer,
6  dad, woRthy to be known as a son.’
5   His fAther saw him when he was
4  disTant. He ran, embraced, gave
3  a rIng, pair of shoes and a coat.
2  ‘GOod news! A lost son came back:
1  Now he is alive, no longer dead!’

acknowledgements to Perec's Life: A User's Guide chapter 51

No comments:

Post a Comment