Monday 8 August 2011

Turn around


PLOT: rebirth – and if this story isn’t about that, then it isn’t about anything at all


Frustrated, self-indulgent son took his inheritance and wasted it in wild living.

When the money was all gone, and famine struck the land, he took a job tending pigs. He longed to eat the pods with which his pigs were fed when he had a revelation and came to his senses.

He realized he’d been a selfish, indulgent waster. He considered thus: ‘My father’s hired men get better treatment than I now face, so I shall repent of my sin and go home and ask my father for a job as a hired man. I’m no longer worthy to be called a son.’

He made his way, but while he was still a long way off, his father saw him, welcomed him and threw a party to celebrate his repentant, reborn son.

‘This my son was lost, and is found; he was dead and is alive again!’

No comments:

Post a Comment